Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bring My Own Bags

Most of us have a cupboard that is a mess of shopping bags. I stuff these bags in this cupboard, where I don't have to see them, and I think I'll use them again. However, it turns into giant cupboard for storing an unnecessary amount of plastic bags.


I finally made the choice to buy a couple of those "green," reusable grocery bags for about $1 for each bag and cleaned our the bag cupboard. Now we have a use for each kind of bag:

  • Plastic bags: trash bags for our smaller garbage cans like in the bathroom.


  • "Green" bags: for general shopping at the grocery store, Target, etc.


  • Large garbage bags: trash bags for our large garbage can in the kitchen.


  • Paper bags: bags for donating clothes, books, etc. or for carrying supplies or gifts outside of the house.
I also found out that most grocery stores will give you a five cent discount for each "green" bag you bring; Sunflower markets give ten cents per bag.
I helps to keep the "green" bags in my car trunk. Otherwise, I tend to forget them, or when I have an impromptu trip the store, the bags are with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment