Monday, February 2, 2009

How it all started



I would go to bed with the closet door open and look inside as I would fall asleep. I was trying to figure out what I was going to wear tomorrow. And then, when I woke up, I would turn and look into my closet to continue the process of figuring out what to wear.

If I was going to be late, it was because I tried on at least three outfits before finding an ensemble that I was satisfied with. It started to become a running joke between my husband and me as he would often find me standing in towel, just staring into my closet.

It's so silly. Something as trivial as getting dressed in the morning took up so much time, energy, and unneeded stress.

Matthew 6:28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin."

I would finger through my clothes over and over again trying not to forget what I had seen in there.

And then I figured out the problem.

It's not that I didn't have anything to wear, it's that I had too much to wear. Sometimes too many choices is what can clutter my brain.

So it started with my closet. I needed to simplify. Get back to basics, and get rid of unnecessary clutter and stress that can crowd around me in a million small ways.


It was time to start living the daisy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment