Friday, February 6, 2009

Simply Joyful

1 Thessalonians 5:16 "Be joyful always"

In this day and age, we have the the right to pursue happiness, and boy do we. Except that happiness is a temporary and fleeting feeling. Joy, however, is a state of life. Joy changes who we are. Finding our simplest joys opens the heart and makes room for living life, not spending our life hunting for happiness.
Where do I find joy?


  1. Laughing with my sister

  2. Feeling the sun shine down on me the first time I step out of the house each morning


  3. Falling asleep next to my husband


  4. The smell of the asphalt after a summer rainstorm

  5. Seeing my sister in a luchardor mask

  6. The Tucson Celtic Festival and the ability to buy Haggis in the desert

  7. A nephew that dressed himself


  8. The adventures teenagers bring to my life


  9. Dublin on St. Patrick's Day


  10. Driving without the radio on


  11. Someone else doing the dishes

  12. Going to camp...still


  13. Communicating everything without a word

  14. Thirty-minute pool noodle fights with middle school girls


  15. Christmas Avenue


  16. Kisses on the cheek


  17. Crawling into a bed with freshly cleaned sheets


  18. A day at the zoo


  19. A parade


  20. Receiving mail in the mailbox (not inbox)


  21. Memorable adventures when everything seems to go wrong

  22. Sitting outside and reading a book


  23. People-watching at a coffee shop

  24. Pin-trading at Disneyland

  25. Saturdays

1 comment:

  1. One of these day's I'll be number one! I just need to kill your sister then destroy the sun... Muhaha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete